Healthy Living for All Application
To contribute to improving measureable health outcomes in the underserved community by partnering with non-profit organizations working toward this mutual mission. The available services in the Teaching Kitchen will seek to assist underserved population groups in the following ways:
• Quality of life
• Familiarity with local produce and healthy ingredients
• Convenient culinary skills and at home cooking techniques
• Providing a welcoming, adaptable, community environment to share knowledge, provide support, and increase access and knowledge of healthy foods
Partner group non-profits are encouraged to apply for participation in this free program to service their target populations. PRIORITY for awarding groups these services will be given to groups targeting the following audiences:
• Location: Roosevelt Neighborhood, Heartside Neighborhood, South East Side Neighborhood
• Population groups:
o Underserved adults with specific behavioral health risks, such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease
o Underserved youth lacking in support to learn basic culinary & nutrition skills
o Underserved families, adults & youth at risk for poor health outcomes
GROUP SIZE: Minimum 18 per group; plus 3 chaperones
TARGETED AGE GROUPS: Adult (18+), Youth (12-18), Family
• Classes hosted in Downtown Market Teaching Kitchen
• Class is approximately 2.5 hours
• Health conscious recipes, take home recipe cards with shopping list
• Goal setting for classes that are effective for your group i.e. I have a group of college age students that don't know how to cook healthy meals. I want them to leave the class with the knowledge to prepare easy nutritional meals for 4.
• Basic "101" Level classes on a variety of skills determined to best fit group needs. Options include:
o Knife Skills/Kitchen safety/Creating a pantry
o Cooking on a budget
o Convenience cooking
o Hands-on basic culinary skills with 5 ingredients (or less) recipes
1. Organization representatives submit application for Healthy Living for All.
2. DMEF staff determine services based on application, available funds and mutual mission.
3. DMEF staff will notify groups of their program participation status.
4. DMEF staff will schedule time, date and themes with accepted groups, according to mission.
5. Participating non-profits will submit pre-program in-take forms including the following:
a. Class registration with names & basic demographic information including gender, race, zip code, age
b. Assessment of skill level pre & post program participation
c. Liability waiver for each participant
d. Photo release where applicable
6. Participating non-profits will return “satisfaction” survey after class experience.
TIMELINES: Rolling application deadline with awards given as funding, timing and mission fit allow. DMEF awards five HLFA group experiences each year. Award cycle follows the public class schedule. (Jan-Apr/May-Aug/Sept-Dec)
Applicants may be placed on wait list for following term, if desired.
To qualify for participation in these free services with the DMEF Teaching Kitchen, participating groups should reflect goals as stated earlier in the document.
Tax ID Number:
Type of Organization:
Age Range of Group:
Estimated Group Size (up to 18 plus up to 3 chaperones):
Classes are approximately 2.5 hours in length. Please list your first, second, and third date and time preference. We will confirm your scheduled date and time.
Organization Contact Name:
Organization Contact Title:
Organization Contact Email:
Organization Contact Phone:
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
What is the primary mission of your program & organization?
How would your group benefit from a culinary class at the Downtown Market Teaching Kitchen?
What objectives would you like to accomplish with your group during your class?
What type of class would you prefer?
Knife Skills/Kitchen safety/Creating a pantry
Cooking on a budget
Hands-on basic culinary skills with five ingredients (or less) recipes
I am authorized on behalf of the aforementioned organization to submit this application. I have read and understood all aspects of the described DMEF program “Healthy Living for All.”
Do Not Fill This Out